Ground Shatter Ltd.
Based in Bristol, UK
SkyScrappers is a classic, arcade-style, multiplayer platform-fighting game set in the heart of an exploding sky scraper. There exists a secret group of international thrill-seekers, who meet up at sky scrapers planned for demolition to race and fight one another to reach the top before the building hits the ground… or they do. Players select from a diverse range of these extreme sportspeople, and they are rewarded for playing with style, dynamism, and risk taking; not simply for being the fastest or strongest. Centred on the classic couch multiplayer experience, and supporting up to four players - the game also features a full single-player campaign, and a range of game modes to master. Inspired by classic coin-up arcade games, the game captures the feel of the Neo-Geo era, but with breath-taking hand-drawn artwork that takes advantage of the power of modern games consoles. It is aimed at an unashamedly core audience of console players; gamers who enjoy tight, emergent, mechanics-driven games, understand the arcade linage of the title and appreciate the distinct visual style.
SkyScrappers is a product of the GamesLab South West programme. Creative England GamesLab South West is a programme of investment and support, designed to aid and sustain the growth of the region’s burgeoning games’ industry through the development of innovative games and IP. Working with emerging and established companies, Creative England GamesLab South West aims to create the conditions necessary for the most innovative and commercially astute games companies from around the region to flourish. Working with employers, students and individuals, Creative England GamesLab South West also delivers initiatives to create jobs and ensure the retention of established and emerging talent within the region to sustain the growth it aims to deliver during its two-year lifespan. Creative England GamesLab South West is funded by the European Regional Development Fund, supported by the Government’s Regional Growth Fund and led by Creative England.
- Two-Four Player Local multiplayer and full single-player campaign
- One stick, two-button control system
- Incredible 90s style arcade soundtrack
- Beautifully-realised and diverse range of characters
- Nintendo Switch Exclusive Vertical Mode
Switch Trailer YouTube
Full HD Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "A four-player, competitive, hardcore version of Doodle Jump, basically."
- Kotaku, 51 British Games to Look Out For in 2015
- "Ticks all the right boxes for so many people"
- Punk and Lizard Magazine, SkyScrappers Review (p50)
- "Bonkers and downright fun"
- PS Gamer, Don't let SkyScrappers fall under the radar. Our review.
- "If you’re after a new multiplayer game to add to your roster alongside the likes of Rocket League and Towerfall then SkyScrappers is recommended"
- Games Asylum, SkyScrappers Review
Sky Scrappers soundtrack on SoundCloud soundcloud.com.
GamesLab South West
More about Creative England and GamesLab South West gameslab.creativeengland.co.uk.
About Ground Shatter Ltd.
Ground Shatter is a contradiction, treading the line between abject cynicism and unfettered positivity; free-spirited iconoclasm and searing professionalism; with one foot in the seaside arcades of the past and the other in the cutting edge technology of the now.
More information on Ground Shatter Ltd., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game design, programming, biz
Freelance Art and Animation
Freelancer music and sound design